Monday 5 June 2023

UNIT 4 - AT THE DOCTOR´S: A healthy lifestile



Let´s talk about the key to have a healthy lifestyle. What do you think we have to do to be healthy? Can you write 10 tips for that? To do so, we need to learn some new expressions: HAVE TO - NEED TO. Ready?

1.- First, please copy the new expressions in your notebook. Write the date and the title: 

2.1.- PLANS FOR FUTURE

to be  +  GOING TO  +  verb ING

                             I am going to eat lots of ice-creams this summer.
                             She is going to swim in the sea everyday.


2.2.- NECESSITY and OBLIGATION:
 
           HAVE TO (tener que): We use HAVE TO to express a strong obligation. The obligation is                                                             because of external circumstances: Examples:

                           I have to do my homework (because the teacher said so).
                           I have to get a passport - I don´t have to get a vaccine - Do you have to...?
                           He has to go to the doctor - he doesn´t have to Take any pills - Does he have to...?

         
          NEED TO (necesitar): We use NEED TO when it is necessary to do something. Examples:

                          I need to do my homework (because I want to learn)
                          I need to take some pills - I don´t need to take any pills - Do you need to...?
                          She needs to go to the doctor´s - She doesn´t need to go now - Does she need...?


2.- Second, please go to e-Dixgal - unit 4 and go through these lessons: 

          - "You have to": exercise 4.

          - "I need to... learn English": activities: 1-2-4-5.

          - "Fun and good exercise" and do the exercises 1-2-3-4-5-6-9-10.

          - "Pilates time":  2-5-6-7-8-9.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

HOMEWORK: Please

1.- Finish the pending activities.